We are in the heart of summer! Warm temperatures, sunshiny days, wet and wild pool parties, fun & friendly BBQs, lush green gardens, and amazing colorful flowers continue to make me love this season. How are your Summer Bucket Lists coming? Check out our short list of bucket items you can still accomplish this summer. There is still plenty of time left.
Summer it Up!
1. Host a back yard movie night. Sing old camp songs around a backyard fire pit and catch a fire fly, while you wait for the sun to go down and the movie to start.
2. Have a picnic or BBQ. Make some summer treats like frosted brownies or a tortellini salad to share with family or friends you haven’t seen yet this summer. Play a game of Yoga Ball Volleyball!
3. Make some time for yourself.
Go to a free concert in the park or watch a local summer theater.
4. Read a book or finish the one you started at the beginning of the summer. Choose a non-fiction book and learn something new.
5. Make the most of your weekends
like a trip to the ocean or lake to dip your feet into the waves and dig your toes in the sand. Soak up all of the warmth from the sun.
6. Clean out your garage and have a yard sale to get rid of treasures you no longer need. Donate a portion of your earnings to a local charity.
7. Help a friend finish a project or two! Or just spend time with them enjoying all that life brings.
There is still time to “Summer It Up”! So grab your summer read, and find a hammock in the shade. Next pick a nice bright colorful bouquet of summer flowers for your table and don’t forget to perfect your cannon ball dive!
IT’S STILL SUMMER!
Smile and Be Kind!
This summer the Sisters are reading:
Helen and Claire:
The Woman in Cabin 10 by Ruth Ware. Gotta love a mystery.
Bon Appetit Magazine, one of the best cooking magazines around.
Enjoys reading her Bible, the Prophet's Isaiah, Daniel, Joel, Zechariah, and John's 5 books.
Keeps busy reading loads of text books, newspapers, blogs and everything John Grisham.
The Razor's Edge by W. Somerset Maugham, a classic.
Sisters First, Stories from Our Wild and Wonderful Life by Jenna Bush Hager and Barbara Pierce Bush. Cool memories of some of their time in Kennebunkport, Maine.